The revolution I want to lead is:
Empower anyone to make a real, valuable, meaningful difference in the world they contribute to, with the least possible worthless distraction.
I want to make my life effort meaningful to others by reducing complexity that stands in their way.
- What difference do you want to make? – I want to make it really easy to create valuable, easily changeable, lasting solutions. I want you (the developers of business systems) to work on solving the customers problems and understanding the problem domain.
- What about the world makes you incredibly angry? – Duplicating effort makes me really angry! The most precious resource we have is time, and we are waisting our lives re-inventing the wheel. After many decades programming computers, it is still incredibly complex to create effective and delightful solutions to common problems. We are not benefitting from each others work and we are not using the computers effectively to do work for us as developers.
- What do you want to be remembered for? – The guy who never gave up on: “making it really easy to create valuable, easily changeable, lasting solutions” – and succeeded!
- What are you uniquely qualified, talented and/or passionate to take on? – Qualified: [Systems thinker, Asking the right questions, Reducing complexity, Communicating my ideas]; Talented: [Sharing my enthusiasm]; Passionate:[Helping others to not suffer what I had to endure (for 30 years) while trying to create valuable, easily changeable, lasting solutions using computers]
- How do you want to help people? I want to help others to not suffer what I had to endure (for 30 years) while trying to create valuable, easily changeable, lasting solutions using computers. Always getting distracted by the complexity of the technology and ending up believing: understanding and solving technology problems is the goal. I want to help developers focus on the problem domain and not the technology.
- And most importantly, why do you care? I want solution development to be a career worthy of investing 40% of your precious time/life into. So that your careers too can have value and meaning for your fellow man.
This is what I want to help create: